Hitchens No Orwell

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Tue Apr 17 12:54:55 PDT 2001

> To the contrary, Nathan, I'd say you're ensnared in the most "self-defeating
> delusion" of all: confusing genius with a bull market. There has been a
> zesty appetite for right-wing twaddle for a full generation because that's
> where the money was -- thanks to the surging stock market that started in
> 1982. That market is dead, dead, dead. It would be increasingly easy for
> the left to expose the intellectual vacuity of the right at this point -- if
> the left itself wasn't so vacuous now.
>
> Carl

Might I suggest we then start with rendering intelligible and then exposing as intellectual twaddle to "the average cable watcher", Robert Nozick's "Philosophical Investigations" and Roberta Romano's "Foundations of Corporate Law" and then see where it goes........Or how about assembling a group to deconstruct the twaddle that comes out of the Institute for International Economics or the Cato Institute....You're talking about an enormous project that is by no means easy, much as many of us sympathize with the need for it to be done, even if hundreds of millions wouldn't even give a rat's ass 'cause they'll never read it nor see it on tv.

Ian