Question for Dennis Redmond (Adorno on Cassirer)

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Wed Apr 18 06:14:36 PDT 2001

Interesting. I've read Cassirer's ESSAY ON MAN, and one or two other essays, and I know him indirectly through Peter Gay's drawing him in his book on the enlightenment. Gay is also useful. Just finished his MY GERMAN PROBLEM, and autobiographical piece. His biography of Freud is first-rate.

Anyhow, Cassirer appeals to me as a serious student of the historical development of human psychology, and of reasoning processes. Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema