Student Loans & Bankruptcies (was Re: creative financing)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Apr 21 07:32:17 PDT 2001

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>>The majority of murderers & pedophiles go regularly unpunished today.
>>E.g., those who price food, clean water, medicines, & other
>>necessities out of the hands of the poor; those who refuse to make
>>safety equipment & procedures available to workers & consumers; those
>>who order wars & economic sanctions; those who kill with governments'
>>approval; sex tourists who patronize young prostitutes in poor
>>nations, etc.
>
>As a mother, I always worry about food, clothing and shelter for my
>children, but I cannot protect them from abductors, rapists or other
>predators who should be shot after their fair trial. Of all of these
>we've named, do you count yourself as one? Like that horrid man
>Carol, do you think they should be allowed to roam free and do as
>they wish with nothing done by the police? I don't know if what you
>say is the truth or not, I have no experience with sanctions or sex
>tourists, but if some nation is deserving, shouldn't they receive
>sanctions?
>
>I must surely be in the wrong place, if murderers, rapists and
>pedophiles are defended here. That is a Japanese name, isn't it?
>Yoshie? Do you have children? What do the authorities in Japan do
>with murderers and rapists and pedophiles? I just finished a book
>that described the soap houses in Japan. Isn't that the same sort of
>prostitution? Is it alright if it isn't in a poor nation, if the sex
>tourist can afford it? Have you ever worked in any of them?
>
>Catherine

What is your plan of bringing the majority of murderers & pedophiles who walk free today to justice? As I explained, the majority of murderers & pedophiles commit their acts legally. Who will bring capitalists & heads of states -- who have directly or indirectly caused murders, pedophilia, & prostitution, among other things -- to justice?

What makes you innocent of murders, pedophilia, & prostitution? To take just one example, have you tried to end indentured servitude into which the Bretton Woods institutions put peasants & workers of poor nations, who have been dying of starvation, malnutrition, preventable or curable diseases, etc. in great numbers? Do you not also bear responsibility for their deaths, since you have allowed such murders to continue while minding your own business? Bourgeois morality, of course, says that you have no responsibility for their deaths, illnesses, subjection to sexual slavery, etc., but you hold yourself to higher standards than that, don't you? Or are you saying that only those whom capitalist states call guilty are guilty & thus deserving of punishments?

Yoshie