Student Loans & Bankruptcies (was Re: creative financing)

Christine Petersen chp at sagitta.biol.berkeley.edu
Sat Apr 21 09:00:34 PDT 2001

> As a mother, I always worry about food, clothing and shelter for my
> children, but I cannot protect them from abductors, rapists or other
> predators who should be shot after their fair trial. Of all of these

Ignoring the rest of your post, and going off on a tangent - many polls have shown that during the course of a woman's lifetime in the U.S., between 1/6 to 1/4 women experience rape, and the numbers for men are often much higher than anyone really recognizes - probably 1/6 to 1/5 of men (especially when you factor in the 15-20% of men in prisons who are sexually assaulted each year). Anyway, assuming that each victim is attacked by a person who is a serial rapist - who accumulates 50 victims, do you realize how many executions would be involved in getting rid of these people? 280 million people X 1/5 / 50 = 1,120,000 rapists.