FBI Trying to Shut Down Indymedia

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sat Apr 21 21:42:08 PDT 2001

Christine Petersen wrote:

> Yeah - we have a confirm on that from the top of the news wire at
> sf.indymedia.org I haven't heard from anyone I know in Seattle all day. I
> don't know who was going to Blaine - which is out in the country by mt
> baker, by Lynden where dancing is prohibited. seattle.indymedia.org is
> still up though. sf.indymedia could have wrong information, possibly.

The FBI investigation has been confirmed. The illegal FBI warrant states that news about their investigation is not to be disseminated. This interference by the authorities in the IndyMedia project has chilling free speech implications.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe