FBI Trying to Shut Down Indymedia

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Sat Apr 21 22:44:00 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christine Petersen" <chp at sagitta.biol.berkeley.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Cc: "ALA Office for Intellectual Freedom List" <alaoif at ala1.ala.org> Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 9:14 PM Subject: Re: FBI Trying to Shut Down Indymedia

> Yeah - we have a confirm on that from the top of the news wire at
> sf.indymedia.org I haven't heard from anyone I know in Seattle all day. I
> don't know who was going to Blaine - which is out in the country by mt
> baker, by Lynden where dancing is prohibited. seattle.indymedia.org is
> still up though. sf.indymedia could have wrong information, possibly.
************ Blaine was a 7,000+ blast of solidarity; a multicultural gender-bender-equitable-ecological-encyclopedically [sic] anti-capitalist blast. Replete with bagpipers, El Salvadorian women, Salish & Nootkans, Telex' from Fidel [not 1 but 2], unionists from both "sides of the border" who've grown up alot in the past 18 months, and the Seattle Indymedia staff was all over the place; so that's why nothing was coming off their site. Oh yeah, the bands, radical cheerleaders and Raging Granny's were hilarious...

Ian