B.A.M.N.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Sun Apr 22 19:41:18 PDT 2001

Actually, as I recall, the actual effect of PL in the sixties was a little like the hypothetical effect Carrol posits for the elimination of punishment -- it may indeed have drawn some people towards class politics simply by violating the taboo against mentioning class politics. But it almost certainly drove others away by being so stupid and unpleasant a kind of class politics.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema