the bull is back

Bob Morris bobmorris at mediaone.net
Mon Apr 23 12:31:36 PDT 2001

>Sorry if I am repeating what somebody might have already pointed out, but
owning ANY stock is part of the problem, not just owning stock in a "bad" company.

You mean rejoicing when pirates buy my pet stock, announce they will loot the pension fund, sack half the work force, sell the rest for scrap, and return me a fat profit might be "bad" for someone? What, you some kinda commie or something????

Seriously, I'm of the belief that one can't drop out completely from the prevailing system, also, I'm self-employed, and have no pension coming except what I generate. If stock ownership hurts someone, then what of the really theoretical stuff, like options on futures on an index? Does that hurt anyone except whoever is on the wrong side of the trade?

>I recommend a book called Wall Street by our esteemed moderator Doug
Henwood (you can pay me that percentage later, Doug).

Already own it! And, I must confess, some of it went sailing over my head. However, am I correct in saying that the primary mission of the Fed/Wall St. is to make the world safe for bond traders?