Walden Bello on Naomi Klein

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Tue Apr 24 08:38:44 PDT 2001

> Ian Murray posted the following book review by Walden Bello:
>
> >NO LOGO: A BRILLIANT BUT FLAWED PORTRAIT OF
> >CONTEMPORARY CAPITALISM
>
> I sez:
>
> _Great_ review. Thanks for posting it. Where did it originally
> appear ? In essence what Bello is critiquing Klein for is Department
> II (or is that Department I, I get them confused) fetishism. The
> critics of the culture industry end up, in a way, mirroring its
> ideology by ignoring the realm of capital goods.
>
> John G. (on a very short study break)

I get Bello's stuff from subbing to Focus on Trade at http://www.focusweb.org I highly recommend all troublemakers in "the North" to sub; it's great info on "the South" from a great source that's useful for gaining a better handle on the complexities of struggles and for building alliances and solidarity.

Ian