Possibly dumb question about socialization/sociability

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Apr 24 14:46:01 PDT 2001

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> no, it's werner herzog, and the original title is _jeder fuer sich und
> gott gegen alles_ which translates as everyone for himself and god
> against all.

Stimmt, aber der Amerikanishe Titel ist _Kaspar Hauser_.

I remember first seeing that film in the Thalia, the great ashtray of film history. The first shot is of a field of wheat swaying in the breeze, stretching into the distance, menanced slightly by the clouds. While Pachelbel's canon unwinds in the background, you hear Hauser's voice over saying "What is that continual sound of screaming. . . .that men call silence?"

Except that someone from the audience broke in in the middle, so it came out: What is that continal sound of screaming? . . . .

It's PACHELBEL!

The canon had been very overexposed that Christmas season.

Michael