Possibly dumb question about socialization/sociability

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Apr 24 15:02:50 PDT 2001

At 05:46 PM 4/24/01 -0400, Michael wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
>> no, it's werner herzog, and the original title is _jeder fuer sich und
>> gott gegen alles_ which translates as everyone for himself and god
>> against all.
>
>Stimmt, aber der Amerikanishe Titel ist _Kaspar Hauser_.

I know. I think the full title is "The Mystery of Kaspar hauser" or something of that sort. How disappointing. German Mysticim translated into Hollywood suspension drama. His film "Where the Grean Ants Dream" - which for sociological reasons I explained earlier I consider a "sequel" to the Kaspar Hauser - scores much better as far as the translation of the title is concerned.

wojtek