QUEBEC CRACKPOTS

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Apr 24 20:06:21 PDT 2001

. . . In retrospect, it's an interesting thought exercise to figure out what would have happened if the current crop of anti-capitalists activists had planned the resistance. Perhaps a clash with the cops at Andrews Air Force base several weeks after the war started? Sabotage of military hardware? Destruction of recruiting offices?

For an anti-war movement with veterans from the 1960s, they sure forgot what happened back then. << Chuck0 >>

Hey Chuckles, I haven't forgotten, and the fact is none of that shit mattered. What mattered was SDS (and later YSA, CP-USA, etc.) mobilizing college students, SNCC/SCLC mobilizing African-Americans, nascent movements of GI's, trade unionists starting to get into the act. I don't think illegal acts impressed anyone, except for mass civil disobedience and draft resistance.

The best example of what you're fantasizing about was the Days of Rage/Weatherpeople thang in Chicago, and that probably hurt more than helped.

max