QUEBEC CRACKPOTS

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Apr 24 20:56:29 PDT 2001

Max Sawicky wrote:

> The best example of what
> you're fantasizing about was the Days of Rage/Weatherpeople
> thang in Chicago, and that probably hurt more than helped.

This is too kind to the Weathermen. A number of groups share responsibility for the coming apart of SDS, but the Weathermen were probably the most destructive. They contributed _nothing_ to the anti-war movement. A bunch of self-indulgent jerks. They fucked over a bunch of high school students just a week before some of us happened to leaflet at that school -- and damn near got ourselves killed. I've never seen so many angry people materialize out of thin air so rapidly as happened the minute we identified ourselves as SDS.

Carrol