QUEBEC CRACKPOTS

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Wed Apr 25 22:37:46 PDT 2001

Ian Murray wrote:

> We need green bank models, food security/distribution models, green housing models,
> health clinic models, public finance models, stuff that will cut the waste out of the
> system models, yaddah yaddah. It's not so much reinventing the wheel as finding the
> good stuff that's out there and putting it in folks hands so when the summit goes
> down and the other side says "what's you're alternative"?, we'll have gotten beyond
> the wobbly legs syndrome.
>
> Study like mad. Organize like mad.

Cool! This is what I want to read here. I'm not the brightest when it comes to economics, but I need something snappy to say to the media when they ask me what I would propose as an alternative to _______. If we got rid of the World Bank, what sort of alternative should there be, if any?

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).