QUEBEC CRACKPOTS

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Wed Apr 25 16:29:46 PDT 2001

> What are you talking about? I don't see anything here that resembles
> propaganda by the deed. I'm not being deluded by anything currently,
> other than the hope that this list of academic leftists will drop their
> current pointless discussions and instead spend some time talkking
> intelligently about Quebec City.
>
> << Chuck0 >>
================= Ain't no academic, dadgummit, but if you mean by the last sentence what can we learn from QC to deepen our understanding and develop a strategy consistent with it in terms of what part of the edifice of Capital to question/confront next, I would highly recommend the Rio+10 conference http://www.un.org/rio+10/ The green-red-blue-black networks got a lot of learning fractals to zoom into in the next year if we're not to lose our momentum.

A while back I posted a bunch of links on some of the issues we have to study like mad; issues that CEO's and management types will find confounding even trying to learn. It's an "us against the mba's and advertiser's and the marketeer's" kinda game and we should feel good about the last 2 years. If anyone had said in 1995 or even 1998 that the shit that's gone down since mid '99 would occur, they would've been considered nuts. Yet here we are.

We need green bank models, food security/distribution models, green housing models, health clinic models, public finance models, stuff that will cut the waste out of the system models, yaddah yaddah. It's not so much reinventing the wheel as finding the good stuff that's out there and putting it in folks hands so when the summit goes down and the other side says "what's you're alternative"?, we'll have gotten beyond the wobbly legs syndrome.

Study like mad. Organize like mad.

Patrick Bond where are you?

Comedy is the antidote to sectarianism,

Ian