QUEBEC CRACKPOTS

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Thu Apr 26 11:35:48 PDT 2001

============ Bingo. It's the percolations of activity that are driven by a deadline [demo on dayX] that are of interest. What is fascinating about the last 2 years is the process, tacit and otherwise, whereby a "target" is selected; the stochastics of agitation and mutual education on issues of enormous importance.

> To put it another way -- the main 'target' of the large mass
> demonstrations are the demonstrators themselves, who are to be energized
> to raise the level of their local activity when they return home.
=========== The comedown after a big event can be tricky for many to navigate; success as a form of vertigo..."what do we do now?" feelings and how they are channelled into further educating/organizing is a very tough terrain to navigate. It's in the hiatus/interstices of confronting the institutions of injustice etc. where the real work/learning/strategizing gets done. It's especially hard if there's no "next deadline". That's why picking crucial events/sites where Capital congregates to congratulate itself over it's indifference to democracy and justice are critical processes to think through.

Ian