QUEBEC CRACKPOTS

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Apr 26 08:07:12 PDT 2001

>Chris Kromm wrote:
>
>> Things that indicate that Chuck and the Black Bloc are successfully leading
>> a glorious revolution. Criticism is not appreciated.
>
>Whoever said that a revolution was happening? I was merely commenting on
>an LBO list phenomenon that I've observed in the past. Something really
>exciting happens that you think would excite leftists on this list, yet
>the same threads continue like nothing happened.
>
><< Chuck0 >>

There was a lot of discussion everywhere -- here and on other lists -- about Seattle. Perhaps novelty has worn out. Seattle was new, Quebec isn't. And there's a lack of media coverage. Seattle was national & international news, Quebec is much less so. I'm afraid leftists today don't find what's neither new nor on the media "really exciting." Besides, not everyone can travel the world to follow & protest international meetings of capital -- only activists with either lots of money or lots of time can.

Yoshie