QUEBEC CRACKPOTS

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 26 08:30:59 PDT 2001

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>>Chris Kromm wrote:
>>
>>> Things that indicate that Chuck and the Black Bloc are successfully leading
>>> a glorious revolution. Criticism is not appreciated.
>>
>>Whoever said that a revolution was happening? I was merely commenting on
>>an LBO list phenomenon that I've observed in the past. Something really
>>exciting happens that you think would excite leftists on this list, yet
>>the same threads continue like nothing happened.
>>
>><< Chuck0 >>
>
>There was a lot of discussion everywhere -- here and on other lists
>-- about Seattle. Perhaps novelty has worn out. Seattle was new,
>Quebec isn't. And there's a lack of media coverage. Seattle was
>national & international news, Quebec is much less so. I'm afraid
>leftists today don't find what's neither new nor on the media
>"really exciting." Besides, not everyone can travel the world to
>follow & protest international meetings of capital -- only activists
>with either lots of money or lots of time can.

I loved hearing about QC; I regret not having been there. I love it that when elites meet, mass actions are almost certain accompaniments. I love it that the ruling class is losing control of the agenda. But what more can we say? What's next? Where to from here? That's why I asked Chuck what he thought we should be discussing about it; I'm all ears.

Doug