QUEBEC CRACKPOTS

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon Apr 30 18:15:23 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
> >I've argued the anti-organizational position,
> >which relies more on the type of social networking that has provided the
> >means by which the "anti-globalization" movement has become successful.
>
> But there are lots of organizations involved in this movement - it's
> not just a bunch of freewheeling anarchists stylishly dressed and
> spontaneously combusting. There are good and bad NGOs, unions,
> parties, churches, all kinds of groups. What's remarkable is how
> they've come together, at least for the moment.

Damn, if Doug doesn't understand, then I'm optimistic that the cops won't be able to figure this out.

Doug, I know there are many hard-working and effective organizations in this movement. Most of us understand how they work. What I'm alluding to is the decentralized network that disseminates news and information quickly. This network also makes organizing fairly cheap. One of its names is the Internet, but it has other manifestations. The best example of how this network works was manifested on June 18, 1999, when actions against capitalism ocurred in dozens of cities around the world, catching the capitalists and police asleep.

Here are a few articles for futher reading:

Anarchism: Ideology or Methodology; http://www.spunk.org/texts/intro/practice/sp001689.html

Professional Revolutionaries: http://www.spunk.org/texts/intro/practice/sp001691.html

The Professional Revolutionary: http://www.spunk.org/texts/intro/practice/sp001692.html

Leaderless Resistance: http://www.radio4all.org/anarchy/resist.html

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).