The nation of jews...

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Wed Aug 1 15:07:40 PDT 2001

You cannot immigrate to Saudi Arabia by converting to Islam. The Arab oil states are incredibly restrictive on citizenship- other arab Islamic groups, notably Palestinians, have lived in those nations for decades without being granted citizenship, subject to expulsion whenever the leadership deems them unnecessary for work requirements.

I noted that changing your religion is a high price, but the point is that there is zero racial or ethnic bar to immigration to Israel, which is untrue of most countries. Other than Israel, I actually wonder if you can actually find any country which will automatically accept as a citizen anyone who follows a specific religious or political belief?

Sure some rabbis are racists, but that is a separate issue from whether Israeli immigration law as a racial or ethnic bar ideologically. The original charge was that on its face, Israel has an ideologically racist immigration policy. On its face, it does not, although like many countries with obstensibly non-racial criterion, there are informal racist barriers created. But that is hardly unique to Israel.

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org http://www.nathannewman.org ----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 5:45 PM Subject: Re: The nation of jews...

Of course it's utter crap to say that it's a liberal immigration policy because all have to do is change your religion. Hell, Nathan, if you want to be welcome in Saudi, as you have to do is change your religion! ANd if you want to go to Smith, nowadays you can geta cheap sex change in Thailand. I hear it's good and only costs about $7,000. Your insultinga nswer would be rubbish even if it were not true, which it is, that Jews make very hard to convert even if you want to. You have to find a rabbi whom the Israelius accept who would do it. My sister was turned down by a reform rabbi when she sought to do a naming ceremony with newly adopted daughter from China, because clearly a Chinese person can't be Jewish even if her mom is an echt Ashekenazi Jew from Russia, Poland, and Hungary. --jks