Zionism vs. Black Nationalism

Art McGee amcgee at well.com
Sun Aug 5 13:45:52 PDT 2001

> the use of the sort of incindiary rhetorica that might
> be suitable for an anti-Klan rally

Engaging with the Klan would be useless for me. That's YOUR job. You need to fix the evil and perverted minds of other white people.

> pleasure of watching people put up with it

Ah, "put up with it", hum...well, thanks Boss, for tolerating my presence here.

> so that they won't be guilty of being racist scum

Yes, that's it, let's exaggerate and distort my intentions and critique so as to marginalize and dismiss the points I've been trying to make.

> --surely it would be proof that we are racist scum if we
> objected to a black man

You people simply have no idea, do you? I mentioned this on the Marxism list, but right now, on a semi-private mailing list, a large group of Black people are having a discussion, in the year 2001, that has the topic "Are White People Inherently Evil?" I'm not making that up. The consensus was running in favor of them being irredeemable.

I was just in a Black bookstore the other day, and I came upon some Black people having a little conversation in the isles about whether white people are really reptillian creatures from outer space or another dimension. They were hashing out theories of why whites have caused so much destruction in the world.

There are people running around thinking that Tim Wise, a radical Jewish anti-racist, is really fronting for a Black man, because they don't believe that a white person or a white Jewish person could really be as anti-racist and truthful as Tim seems to be.

If anything, you should be thankful that there are Black people like me who even take the time to dialogue with you AT ALL. Truth be told, the contempt that many Black folks have overall for white folks is so deeply ingrained that's it's a literal miracle when one of us is actually able to gather up enough strength to even speak to you when not coerced. Oh sure, we HAVE to talk to you at work or be polite in public or social situations. That's not what I'm talking about. What I mean is that Black folks rarely engage whites in a sharing of their true feelings about them and the world around them. There isn't enough trust to allow that sort of thing to happen. I'm one of the LIBERALS.

Most of the time, Black folks simply disengage themselves from any MEANINGFUL interaction with whites, and then white folks look around and can't figure out why their organizations and gatherings are so devoid of Blacks or other people of color. We simply stop bothering or caring.

Most of the time, I simply lurk on the list and don't engage in the debates. Part of the reason is that I'm too busy doing real work, but part of it is that I know that I am too emotional when it comes to subjects like Reparations, etc., too engage in debate. For people like me, there nothing to debate about issues like Reparations, etc., and when I hear intentionally ignorant things coming out of the mouths of white comrades, it really makes my blood boil.

Yes, you're right, I do spew more venom at allies because I expect them to know better than the Klan. I don't give a fuck what the Klan thinks or says, but when allies start talking crazy, that can be really painful and disappointing.

I guess I'll go back into lurk mode now. This stuff is too close to home for me to have a "rational" discussion about any of it. You go ahead and go back to your normal conversations. Bye.

Art