Beeson & Singer/ prenatal diagnosis

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 22:58:14 PDT 2001

>Most I know
> do not think like
> you and most do not think we need "special" people,
> super achievers to
> know that our lives are as valuable to us as yours
> is to you!

Cut the guilt-whipping bullshit Marta. That game does not work with me. Of course, I understand that people who are not superachievers have the right to a decent life. I also understand that a woman or couple in making this decision would have to weigh many factors.

However, people get abortions for a number of reasons...they are too young, not ready for a family, too poor, etc. Now, if a woman feels like she could not handle the extra burden that a down syndrome baby might create, dont you think she HAS the right to get an abortion. Obviously since most of us aren't psychics we cant predict whether the fetus might have gone on to lead a wonderful life or not....but dont you think that the mother SHOULD have the RIGHT to decide on what do with HER BODY in both cases...abortion and selected abortions?

And yes...once the baby is born I think that it should receive the best care possible and that HER life has the same dignity as any other.

Thomas