Beeson & Singer/ prenatal diagnosis

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Mon Aug 6 09:39:50 PDT 2001

Thomas Seay wrote:

> Cut the guilt-whipping bullshit Marta. That game does
> not work with me.

How cute of you.

Of course, I understand that people
> who are not superachievers have the right to a decent
> life. I also understand that a woman or couple in
> making this decision would have to weigh many factors.
> However, people get abortions for a number of
> reasons...they are too young, not ready for a family,
> too poor, etc.

Lets abort because we are poor! Never mind that is the class arrangement of our society. Lets abort because its a GIRL. She won't be able to make enough money to take care of me in old age. Lets abort because it is a black baby. We don't want any more of those people - no employers want to hire them, they just end up in jail. Lets abort disabled fetus because they are a burden. Never mind that that is also socially created.

Geez.

Lets abort everyone but white able bodied males. And even they might fall and break their neck and become a "burden" to society.

Marta