Why Boomers suck, or, commodify your self-loathing

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Mon Aug 6 09:11:23 PDT 2001

> Good point. I'm twenty-nine and I have to say my generation is no
less
> kind toward government programs than baby-boomers. However, where do
> we learn our attitudes? And the Finnegan quote was about the
hypocrisy
> of people who dismantle government programs after they've enjoyed
the
> benefits of them.
======= This could be due to the notion common among young people that the Gov. is a badly run $1.8 trillion corporation that co-ordinates the transfer of wealth for rich folks and their corporations while treating the rest of us like 12 year olds and, well, proletarians. Now the boomers are worried about social security--go figure- while the Feds spend $7 on seniors for every $1 they spend on kids and youth [we won't go into whether that includes enforcing the drug laws etc.] at the same time they refuse to acknowledge that the Gov. has investment policies, technology policies, housing policies, moral indoctrination policies, the list goes on, that act in contradictory ways that let libertarians have a field day.

Ian