Zionism vs. Black Nationalism

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Aug 6 19:49:49 PDT 2001

>CB: I agree with Max on this and that some seem to use "socially
>constituted" as if it means "easily disconstituted"

some who? kelley

The guy behind that tree. Note we agree race is socially constituted, and evidently we agree it is not easily disconstituted.

In which case it is not realistic to airily call for an end to racial self-identification. On the other hand, one could accept this and still see class as fundamental. In other words, I say race is the filter through which people's view of their class interest is obscured. Racism is fundamentally instrumental towards something else -- the perpetuation of social class. Without classes (or hierarchy of some sort), race would be without purpose.

mbs