lbo-talk-digest V1 #4706

Alec Ramsdell aramsdell at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 06:47:24 PDT 2001

Somewhat tongue-in-cheek I wrote:

> >I wish I still had a copy of "Beat Off" by The
> Queers.
> > Great album, great cover. Had to sell it for
> dope.
>
> I'm a great fan of the Buzzcocks. Orgasm addict was
> a ripper. That said,
> exactly which aspect of the onanistic impulse is is
> that spawns our
> relational endeavours?

"Onanistic impulse" sounds like an unfortunate term in this instance--not very descriptive. If pleasure principle is better, but too broad, then one would look to different psychoanalytic schools for different takes on origins and relations, I would think. The narcissitic origin of love; Zizek's take on "there's no sexual relationship" with the example of virtual sex vs. real sex, with fantasy being the common foundation.

Alec