Human cloning

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Wed Aug 8 09:52:03 PDT 2001

At 11:23 AM 08/08/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Will human clones dream of Molly? I mean the more I think on this, the
>more human clones sound like the ultimate commodity of all time. Sell
>the same people to themselves over and over.

While I can see how human cloning will test the limits of human vanity and greed, I don't quite understand the ethical objections. This might be because I am totally ignorant about genetics.

How is a clone different from an identical twin? Why would a clone necessarily have fewer rights than any other begotten human?

Thanks,

Joanna B.