eco-optimism

Wed Aug 8 13:01:54 PDT 2001

>>> kwalker2 at gte.net 08/08/01 03:44PM >>>

> > CB: Howabout good ole alienation from living under capitalism as
>the cause rather than psychedelics ? Unhappiness from living in
>capitalist social relations of dog-eat-dog and the rat race.

The proposition "Working/living under capitalism is alienating" is incoherent. Unless we know how work and life might have been otherwise, we have no way of comparing it with how we actually work and live now.

(((((((

CB: The idea of working and living in social relations that are not dog-eat-dog and a rat race is coherent to me, and I boldly assert we can work and live without such social relations.