lbo-talk-digest V1 #4706

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Aug 8 18:14:55 PDT 2001

> So by all means let's trust Israel's philanthropist and arms
> merchant, the U.S. (a country already well known for its warm
> feelings towards Muslims), to do right by them.
>
> Doug

So it appears, to at least as great a degree as any genuine concern for the plight of the Palestinians, what we really ought to care about is the opportunity to bash the capitalist seat of world evil (the US) and its heavily subsidized satellite state (Israel). On second thought, we really ought to hope that the conflict in the Middle East drags on for another half-century. Think of all the vituperative verbal shots (most of them as consequential as blanks) we could fire off in that time period.

-- Luke