lbo-talk-digest V1 #4706

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Aug 8 18:35:23 PDT 2001

> In Kosovo, the Serbs seemed to be a good bit more concerned about
> Albanians (about 20% Orthodox and 10% Catholic) and the CIA-backed KLA
> than "Muslims."
>
> "...at least equivalent"? Really. --CGE

Most Kosovar Albanians were also Muslims. For the sake of brevity, I simply said "the Muslims in Bosnia and Kosovo." If that was a semantical error, it was a fairly minor one. If you take issue with the validity of the comparison I drew between the ethnic cleansing in the former Yugoslavia (I believe over a half-million Albanians were driven out of Kosovo alone) and the plight of the Palestinians in Israel, perhaps you'd like to state why rather than simply intimating that the implied equivalence was absurd.

-- Luke