Beeson & Singer/ prenatal diagnosis

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Wed Aug 8 21:35:18 PDT 2001

Rob

Disability activists in Australia have the same response to Singer as those of us in the US. I think you and several others are so stuck on Singer as some sort of cult hero of the left that you don't want to see the flaws. You really don't want to hear us. Actually it is you who is prone to group think. Sorry Rob.

Marta

Rob Schaap wrote:

> I think Marta is, like all of us, prone to group think at times. I think
> Singer a good man and an impressive philosopher, but there's certainly a
> group response to the man afoot in the US, who represent his views very
> poorly indeed, to my mind (why not actually read him - I mean, the bloke is
> a very readable writer), I agree that Marta's position on abortion and
> euthanasia just don't add up, and I think the Netherlands has a better
> health system, more manifest respect for human life, and a healthier
> attitude to the inevitable than America does. So calling it the 'New
> Killing Fields' is absolutely scandalous

snip