Beeson & Singer/ prenatal diagnosis

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Thu Aug 9 05:40:26 PDT 2001

Michael (Mr. Links) Pugliese asked:

> Ah did the Sex Pistols ever get any heat for this song or, "Belsen was
> gas!"

> BODIES
>
> She was a girl from Birmingham
> She just had an abortion
> She was case of insanity
> Her name was Pauline she lived in a tree
>
> She was a no one who killed her baby
> She sent her letter from the country
> She was an animal
> She was a bloody disgrase
>
> Body I'm not an animal
> Body I'm not an animal
>
> Dragged on a table in factory
> Illegitimate place to be
> In a packet in a lavatory
> Die little baby screaming
> Body screaming fucking bloody mess
> Not an animal
> It's an abortion
>
> Body I'm not animal
> Mummy I'm not an abortion
>
> Throbbing squirm,
> gurgling bloody mess
> I'm not an discharge
> I'm not a loss in protein
> I'm not a throbbing squirm
>
> Fuck this and fuck that
> Fuck it all and fuck the fucking brat
> She don't wanna baby that looks like that
> I don't wanna baby that looks like that
> Body I'm not an animal
> Body an abortion
>
> Body I'm not an animal
> An animal
> I'm not an animal.....
> I'm not an abortion.....
>
> Mummy! UGH!

Not that I know of. If you watch the highly entertaining docu on the Pistols, "The Filth and the Fury," you'll see them performing "Bodies" at a benefit for the children of striking workers (firefighters, I believe). Watching Rotten/Lydon spit out the above lyrics to a bunch of kids eating cake was pretty strange, in my view. Not sure if it was a joke, but some of the kids were dancing.

DP