Human Cloning

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Aug 9 10:10:54 PDT 2001

At 07:02 PM 08/08/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Actually, if/when it gets to the point that parents will be able to
>pre-select traits for their offspring, it's absolutely essential that the
>technology be made available to all (I know that sounds naive). I for one
>am looking forward to the end of the genetic lottery and the beginning of
>genetic parity. Equal (or merely similar) endowments would place the blame
>for inequality of outcomes where it belongs--on society.

I disagree. Cloning (shopping) and creation (ab nihilo if you will) are vastly different. I can certainly see that a culture raised on shopping would perceive cloning as an advantage. It strikes me again and again how much capitalism actually loathes anything that is truly new...including, as it now turns out, life.

Joanna Bujes