Human Cloning

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 9 12:18:11 PDT 2001

What is new about life. And it is certainly not true that capitalism loathes life. Where would markets be without lives devoted to shopping and infinite consumerism? Nor does capitalism loathe new life, if it can turn a new buck. What do you think genetic engineering is used for within capitalism except to manufacture new kinds of plants, animals, etc. that can make agro-industry more profits? The problem with capitalism is not loathing new life but its willingness to make life into a commodity and shaping lives to serve its own ends..

Cheers, Ken Hanly

----- Original Message ----- From: joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 12:10 PM Subject: Re: Human Cloning