Beeson & Singer/ prenatal diagnosis

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Aug 9 14:11:49 PDT 2001

>Because I do not believe that pitting rights against rights works.
>More succinctly the right to choose has not produced social justice.
>And as Gordon beautifully pointed out I am not totalitarian in my
>thinking. I don't want to control you, I want you to thing about what
>you do.

he said that you make a distinction between the right to do something and the value of doing it. (in classic liberalism: the different between liberty and license) apparently those who don't make this distinction (presumably people who have sex w/out protection and by subtle implication your interlocutors here) are totalitarians. nevermind the fact that theories of totalitarianism are fantasies created by the right.

kelley

kelley