Conscious Social Reproduction (Re: lbo-talk-digest V1 #4729)

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Mon Aug 13 11:31:48 PDT 2001

======= My point was that for purposes of mobilizing for collective action, the insitutions that make market[s] are actual targets [the forest and trees gestalt]. Using capital letters for market is like letting the democratic party appropriate Democrat. Oh and isn't it the illogic of capitalism we're struggling against? :-)

> I'm not against the above, but consumer & trade union activisms are
> powerless when & where goods & jobs are so scarce that consumers &
> workers are not in a position to quibble about their quality.
> Greater voices of citizens for better products, safer &
> environmentally friendlier labor processes, etc. come up against the
> limits placed by the fact that capitalists don't invest unless &
> until expected returns on investment are promising.
>
> Yoshie
====== That's why the credit markets are the first markets that have to be retheorized and replaced. If we don't have Democratic processes of investment, everything else is moot, we'll still be working for bankers and Wall street punks. Unless you have a plan for getting us all 'beyond money.'

Ian