lbo-talk-digest V1 #4737

ravi gadfly at home.com
Tue Aug 14 08:21:30 PDT 2001

Kelley wrote:

> i pretty much agree with ken. very few criticisms have been raised that
> make any sense. i post at length explaining it all and not one of you
> has bothered to engage what i've written. now, sure, you might not have
> time to learn what it is we're talking about, but then, why bother other
> than you're just interested in railing against H...

i have never read habermas and probably never will (only because of lack of time, since i have no particular beef against the man), but i remain quite interested if utterly confused by the various issues discussed in this thread. i am not sure there are others such as i, lacking the necessary knowledge of contemporary continental philosophy (my own knowledge is limited to hans georg gadamer), but i would encourage you not to despair! it has been an interesting experience from up here in the peanut gallery ;-) and an educational one. of course your post above is probably a shrewd rhetorical elevation of the ante...

--ravi