Conscious Social Reproduction (Re: lbo-talk-digest V1 #4729)

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Tue Aug 14 17:34:52 PDT 2001

> On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Ian Murray wrote:
>
> > Ok and then what? If all the US management texts are garbage then
how
> > is the US the most powerful [yes, and fucked up] economy on the
> > planet?
>
> How powerful can an economy be which has to import 400 billion EUR
> annually from overseas creditors? Which invested less as a % of GDP
in the
> 1990s than its competitors? Which spends less on R&D and basic
science
> than its competitors? Which jails 2 million of its citizens?
>
> > Would US workers revolt if they knew
> > that Ohno's work was the source of their drudgery and
exploitation?

> Not the source; that's capitalism itself. But Ohno's work is
invaluable
> for what it says about the strategic logic of how the shopfloor is
being
> redesigned by multinational capitalism; if we can decode the logic,
you
> can organize against it.
>
> -- Dennis
======= The logic of capital and the liberal state has been decoded, and long b4 Ohno's work. It's the 2nd part that needs the freakin' work.

"Capitalism has shocked it's critics before with its ability to adapt to, and even thrive under, challenging new conditions. It may be that tomorrow holds wave after wave of green technological breakthroughs, a planetary New DEal, a revolution of values, massive ecological restorations, enlightened and effective forms of global government...We Do not know. What we do know, or should, is that nnone of this will happen by itself." [Tom Athanasiou]

Ian