Gunter Grass on globalisation

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Wed Aug 15 16:23:17 PDT 2001

John,

The second statement you made about no trend in rural poverty in the 1990s in India is what I am aware of. My data came from T.N. Srinavasin. Again, his data suggests declining poverty rates in urban areas, but no change in rural areas. There certainly are difficult problems of measurment involved here. Barkley Rosser ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Mage" <jmage at panix.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 6:56 PM Subject: Re: Gunter Grass on globalisation