Mark Green: Dilettante Wanker or Patrician Liberal?

ravi gadfly at home.com
Fri Aug 17 08:41:50 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:
> LeoCasey at aol.com wrote:
>
>> I also think that Doug is off the mark on what he thinks NYC unions
>> could and
>> should have done under the Guiliani regime. But it is late at night. I
>> will
>> go into it tomorrow if anyone cares to know.
>
> It's morning now, and I care.

on a side note: on yesterday's evening news on WBAI, their commentator john hess [sp?] lamented the behaviour of the UFT in their opposing dinkins and support guiliani and now hevesi, suggesting that what the UFT "management" (thats my word - leaders would be better?) want is quite the opposite of what is good for the members of the organization (and that this has been a trend since shanker).

--ravi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- man is said to be a rational animal. i do not know why he has not been defined as an affective or feeling animal. more often i have seen a cat reason than laugh or weep. perhaps it weeps or laughs inwardly - but then perhaps, also inwardly, the crab resolves equations of the 2nd degree. -- alasdair macintyre.