United Mine Workers of America

Tue Aug 21 13:30:38 PDT 2001

Charles Brown wrote:

>CB: Have we had anybody in Virginia close to our side since Thomas Jefferson ?

The anti-urban slaveholder/individualist? How, except in the fevered fantasies of the CPUSA, is he on "our" side?

(((((((

CB: Just trying to cut Virginia a slight break. OK, nobody in Virginia has ever been on our side, so how could it be "lost" ?

( Was it hurried anti-CPUSA desires that turned "close to our side" into "on our side" ?)