Brooklyn ( ( Virginia and Jefferson (United Mine Workers of America))

Wed Aug 22 10:08:51 PDT 2001

Lawrence wrote:

> > CB:
>> The proletariat are an urban people , but we aim to end the antagonism
>between city and >country. Workers and peasants of Brooklyn unite ! The
>metropolis is exciting , but get >your thrills another way.
>
>I didn't know Brooklyn had any peasants.

Backyard gardeners and rooftop pigeon-breeders, you know.

CB: Haven't you heard the old CPUSA joke about the dogmatic, sectarian slogan,

Comrade Mary :"Workers and peasants of Brooklyn, unite !"

Comrade Joe: I didn't know Brooklyn had any peasants.

Comrade Mary : You're so smart, you stand on the soapbox.