Boycotting Nestles

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Aug 23 10:11:22 PDT 2001

At 06:17 PM 08/22/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>These sorts of scare stories about the terrible fate that will befall
>babies who are not indulged by home-bound earth mothers are ten-a-penny.

I am aware of the dangers inherent in Kuche und Kirche...but, I will also say, that when I went back to work when each of my children were three months old and had to leave them in the care of others for up to nine hours a day...I felt as if I was cutting my arm off and leaving it behind.

Who knows whether it is the mother's milk that affects human intelligence or whether it is the close and loving contact with a mother. Either way, your talk of "indulgent home-bound earth mothers," bespeaks ignorance and a certain callousness.

Joanna B.