Racist Comedy?

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Fri Aug 24 09:57:54 PDT 2001

> Does it make you sad or angry or both to see that freedom of speech
> in the USA is quite often reduced to a matter of freedom to use
> ethnic & racial slurs, to tell ethnic & racial jokes, etc.? Well,
if
> you don't like that, "you have no sense of humor."
>
> Yoshie
========= Show me a non-authoritarian procedure for eliminating the desire of human beings to inflict emotional harms with words that leaves our comedic powers intact, if not substantially enlarged and I'll sign up!
:-) Ethnicity, like race are social constructs that we've deeply
habituated to. That is the greater tragedy that must be overcome. But that just goes back to my first sentence.

Ian