populism

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sun Aug 26 12:51:27 PDT 2001

Max, of course, public utilities and railroads were considered prime examples of unfair markets. So were banks, thus the concern with monetary policy. With a "fair" monetary policy and regulation of monopolies, markets could work just fine. Much of that thinking continues with agrarian organizations, such as the National Farmers Union -- although I have been out of touch with them for more than 20 years.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901