Open Source capitalists

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Aug 28 11:40:40 PDT 2001

. . . heh. but hey, max, this is actually a good way to explain it. who's writing about code as a public good?

I don't know. I'm going to investigate one of these days. This guy Richard Stallman is supposed to be the radical on this stuff, tho he's not an economist.

Operating systems are the railroads of the Third Millenium, and you are the sharecroppers.

mbs

"1. Transportation being a means of exchange and a public necessity, the Government should own and operate the railroads in the interest of the people and on a non-partisan basis, to the end that all may be accorded the same treatment in transportation, and that the tyranny and political power now exercised by the great railroad corporations, which result in the impairment, if not the destruction of the political rights and personal liberties of the citizens, may be destroyed. Such ownership is to be accomplished gradually, in a manner consistent with sound public policy."

Peoples Party platform, 1896