Open Source capitalists

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Tue Aug 28 12:12:32 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 11:40 AM Subject: RE: Open Source capitalists

> . . . heh. but hey, max, this is actually a good way to explain it.
who's
> writing
> about code as a public good?
>

> I don't know. I'm going to investigate
> one of these days. This guy Richard
> Stallman is supposed to be the radical
> on this stuff, tho he's not an economist.
>
> Operating systems are the railroads of the
> Third Millenium, and you are the sharecroppers.
>
> mbs
=========

Stallman should talk to James Boyle and his merry band of pranksters. Talking with a certain Michael Perelman would help too. The stuff to watch and argue with is coming from the neo-Schumpeterians and the Brian Arthur's of the world. Knowledge intensive firms [and what firm ain't one these days] need a different "labor relations" paradigm if unions want to have any future at all....Watch the "law & technology" law journals....

Ian