Middle East Studies - Women

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 1 10:24:18 PST 2001

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/lweb/indiv/mideast/cuvlm/women.html See the first URL for the Association of M.E. Scholars specifically in Woman's Studies. Browser isn't opening the window again for me...) http://mosaic.echonyc.com/~onissues/su98goodwin.html (This article goes into the Oil Angle, so I'd think it qualifies for having the scare quotes deleted from, "feminist." according to materialist feminists, no?) Jan Goodwin, editor of On The Issues, is an award-winning journalist and human rights activist. She is the author of Caught in the Crossfire (E.P. Dutton), a book on the conflict in Afghanistan, and Price of Honor (Plume-Penguin Books), which examines how Islamic extremism is affecting the lives of Muslim women. Michael Pugliese