Again,

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 10:14:46 PST 2001

>On the contrary: I'm open to the possibility that you may be a better judge
>than I of what's best for me. Whether that happens to be the case or not
>poses a rather uninteresting empirical question.

Explain how it is an empirical question, except in the broad Quinean sense that all questions are empirical. I don't find it the least uninteresting. (I discuss it in my diss, btw, somewhere in chap. 2 or 3). In any case, you are drawing your circle too tightly. This way has gone a long way towards destroying civil liberties in America, not just for aliens, and it's not going to stop there. Where does that go on your calculus? jks