Israel Cabinet 7 for and 7 against toppling Arafat....plusIsrael Turns Palestinian Towns into Prisons

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Dec 3 12:17:18 PST 2001

I was always for peace and love. When I feel a need to bolster my militarist side I turn to you nathan. So far you aren't cutting it. -- mbs

Jeez-- what happened to the happy war hawk social democrat Max?

True that Gore-Lieberman might have been a scarily pro-Israel combination, but they are actually both outliers within the Dem party with Bush (thankfully) being probably less pro-Israel than many in his party. And a higher minimum wage at home also translates into a desire for higher wages globally and support for ending the economic misery that does breed much extreme violence. So they are not unrelated.

-- Nathan Newman